Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 202 [Farewell Trees]

The center median has undergone a few transformations the past year or so.
Last year 'they' added the traffic light at the intersection and in doing so 'they' added a left turn lane.  To accommodate this new turn lane 'they' had to shorten the center median that used to house 5 beautiful trees like the ones that grace the sides of the roads.
'They' left two of the trees in the much smaller median.  While I was sad to see the first 3 trees go bye bye, I was happy to see the two left behind.  Last week when I was leaving to pick the boys up from VBS, as I came around the corner and reached the crest of the hill I noticed the missing trees!
I was so sad to see the landscape change once again and it looks so barren to me.
I understand the reason 'they' removed the trees...the trees roots are starting to cause issues with the road pavement.  It's just so sad to see the once pretty road turn into a regular, run of the mill ugly road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...