Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 198 [All Wrapped Up]

I realized today, as I was lovingly wrapping the birthday gift for our nephew's party tomorrow, that a entire generation is growing up without the benefit of nicely wrapped gifts.
So many gifts now arrive in the form of a gift bag.
Don't get me wrong, I have used many a gift bags in my time, but I really do prefer giving a gift that's been beautifully wrapped, with fun paper, ribbons and bows.
There are items that sometimes require a bag due to it being too difficult to wrap or the lack of the proper size box to place the gift into.
If you really think about it though...isn't giving a gift in a gift bag just a glorified way of bringing straight from the store?  A fancier bag and some tissue paper.
Next time you give a gift, take a moment to really wrap it, allowing the recipent to marvel in the packaging and revel in ripping it open!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...