Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 185 [Day Of Independence]

Yesterday we not only celebrated the Independence of our great country, my husband and I are celebrating a week of independence of a child under our roof!
We sent our baby off on an airplane yesterday morning to visit a friend in California for the week.
This is the first solo trip for our baby boy and I will admit, I was a bit weepy sending him off on his own.  I know he's going to have a marvelous time and have a great experience!
We went to breakfast after dropping the boy off.
It was at a local joint in town.
My breakfast was HUGE and that was the half order! Can you imagine what a full order would have looked like?  I barely ate a third of the half order!
Our 4th of July was going to be spent all day at my cousin's house on the lake, but the weather was not lake weather!  Grey, dreary, cold, windy and drizzly.
We did go for a few hours but left when the drizzle picked up.  We didn't want to sit around the house so we took in a movie arriving home just in time to watch the Macy's fireworks show on TV, while listening to the booms of fireworks all round our neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...