Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 285 [Three Hour Lunch]

I met with my friend Lisa today for lunch.
We dined at Maggiano's...delicious Italian food, in Bellevue.
Since we both love Maggiano's and neither of our families do, we thought this to be the perfect way to enjoy this most delicious food.
Don't you love it when you can sit down with a friend you haven't seen in a while, let the hours pass and the next thing you know it's been 3 hours, yet it's felt like one!? 
That's how it was with Lisa today.
So enjoyable to sit and talk.
Catch up on each other's lives, commiserate over parenting teenage boys and laugh.
She treated me to lunch (THANK YOU LISA!) for my upcoming birthday.
I was gifted the most delightfully scented vanilla cupcake candle.
Seriously, makes me want to eat it!
Along with it came a sweet card.
I'm hoping she'll be able to join us for my birthday celebration, but one of her boys has a 'mixer' that evening and is not sure she'll be able to make it.
This was a lovely way to celebrate, just in case.
So, call a friend you haven't seen in a while.
Invite them to lunch and catch up.
I promise...you'll have a good time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...