Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 239 [US Amateur]

Spent the day with my, loves all things golf, husband at the US Amateur Championship at Chambers Bay golf course.  He scored a sweet pair of VIP passes for us.
This gave us VIP parking, all day access to the hospitality tent, which provided breakfast, lunch, snacks and any drink you can think of, Fabulous!  VIP porta potties....these were simply amazing!
I have never graced a porta potty of this calibur.  I would imagine these are the type of porta potties the Clinton's had at their daughter's wedding last month.  As I opened the door to what I assumed would be a larger then normal stall, I found myself standing in a room facing three 6-panel wood doors.  Inside the individual stalls they were dressed with granite look bottom half walls, mouldings and such.  Quite fancy.  They offered two sinks with mirrors in the 'lobby' area of the porta potty.
We also had VIP shuttle service to and from the tent to the course.
I had never been to a tournament before and found it quite enjoyable.  The only mistake I made was my choice in footwear.  Honestly, I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't the hills and amount of walking we did.  My super cute flip flops I wore had my feet sore in no time at all.  Next time it will be a good pair of tennis shoes! 
We arrived home with sun and wind burned faces.
Certainly a day to remember and I was happy to see the delight in my husband's face as he took his the tournament.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fabulous!!

    And porta potties with faux granite? Who knew?

    Glad you guys had a great time; hope your feet are feeling better. :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...