Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 115 [Body & Mind]

Exercise!
Much needed for both my body and mind.
I have a commitment to myself to lose 40 pounds by 40 years old.
Well, I'm quickly running out of time!
As of May 5th I will have exactly 6 months to achieve said goal.
Honestly, at this point I will be happy to lose 20.
I have started my walking again, now that the weather is improving outside and I have heard nothing but good things about Jillian Michael's Shred workout, so I'm going to give it a try.
I picked it up along with some weights.
I know, 3 pounds is 'wimpy', but I have very weak arms and figure I'll start off small and increase to the 5 and 8 pound weights I own from my previous years of actually being fit!
I picked up a new book today as well.
I was torn between this one and Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella.
I have read all of Sophie's books except for this one.
I love them!
Fantastically great reads.  FUNNY!  I have literally laughed out loud through several of her books.  They are the kind of books that I devour in a few short days.  The kind that everything goes to hell in a handbasket because I can't put the book down!
Since I was torn between the two and not willing to purchase both today, I had my husband decide for me.  He thinks I should try something new and the other one later.  He also suggested that I make the new book 'last' for a while.  He really likes it when I join him in bed at night for reading, but gets frustrated as I plow through books so quickly. 
So, here's to exercise for the body and mind!

2 comments:

  1. go go!! the Shred is an ASS KICKER, but it works!! you'll be cursing Jillian the next day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well good luck my friend. I wanted to make sure that I was my ideal weight when I turned 40! We all know how that turned out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...