Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 101 [A VeggieTale]

In an effort of overall eating better in our house I have taken to serving some sort of salad with dinner every night.  My husband and I usually have a salad with dinner several nights a week, but our son avoids anything green and healthy like the plague! 
That time has come to an end.  We have taken to making him eat a small {very small} salad with dinner (the nerve of  us!).  This is not going over very well, but he's participating with minimal resistance, which is a huge step in this house! 
Tonight I made a fantastic salad that I saw Giada make on her show several months ago.
As someone who does not like dressings/vinaigrettes I saw that her vinaigrette didn't actually use vinegar, so I tried it.  OUTSTANDING!!!
I didn't make the frico cups as I do not have a silpat mat in my kitchen....this will be a near future purchase as I'm dying to know just how much better the salad will be served in a frico cup! 

2 comments:

  1. Yum! You totally need a silpat. Well worth the investment. I have 4. One only for baking, one for meats (like my meat muffins/balls, and the others for whatever. I tell you I CANNOT imagine cooking w/o it. The best invention ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...