Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 161 [Spray Paint]

My project for tomorrow.
A few years ago I spray painted (yes you read that right) our dining room table and chairs from the light maple color they were to what was suppose to be an espresso brown.
I did this because over the years the table top suffered some terrible abuse from the kids' forks, writing utensils, and one particular child's colorful words etched into the table.   I filled the scratches, dings and enlightening words with wood filled, primed and painted.  I figured it couldn't look any worse then it did before I started.  I will say it looked ten times better, but in the end the color was more reddish then I cared for.  I have decided to paint this baby black.
Once I get done with that I will list it on Craig's List hoping for top dollar.  The set is really in great condition, and I love it, but with the upcoming move to a much smaller place we won't need such a large table.  I'm probably going to like the new black that it'll be hard to list it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...