Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 71 [Shine A Little Light]

Today I took the little guy on a field trip with his preschool class to the Children's Museum in Tacoma.  We did this last year.  He has a great time and last year wasn't too bad for me, given that my BFF was there with her kids and I knew several of the other moms.  This year I don't know any of the moms and have made no effort to get to know them.  Quite frankly, many of them are much younger then me, a bit click-ish, I don't attend the church where he goes to preschool and since I'm his nanny and will never be returning to the school after this year is out, I don't see the point.  So today's adventure to the museum provided me time to sit and read a new magazine that arrived in the mail yesterday while he enjoyed the fun the museum has to offer.  I did eventually get up and interact with him after he got the 'ants in his pants' out and could focus on certain tasks.  He made a 'drum', stamped with the insect stamps, painted a picture (which I just realized that we left behind!  oops...don't think I'll remind him of that!) and played grocer.  Instead of documenting this trip with a photo of preschoolers running around like little crazy people I have chosen the uber cool lights that hung in the craft room.  I have discovered through the process of this photo a day project that looking UP will provide you with some wonderful things.  Today is a good example of that.  A little light shined upon me today....that's always a good thing. =) 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...