Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 344 [Candy Making]

Today was a day spent doing household chores and a little holiday candy making.
I chose to do Buckeye Balls, a delicious peanut butter/powdered sugar/butter & vanilla 'dough' rolled into balls then dipped in chocolate.  They are absolutely devine and full of fat!
I also decided to dust off an old recipe of mine, Almond Roca.
When I went to make it I realized when I typed out the recipe a few years ago I left off the sugar in the ingredients.  So, not knowing how much sugar I needed I had to go in search of the original handwritten recipe.  Thankfully it was still in the box I had stashed on an uppershelf in the recipe cupboard.
The second layer of chocolate is currently setting up in the fridge, while my husband waits somewhat patiently for his chance to nibble on some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...