Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 341 [Commissioned Project]

Today I started on a project requested by a barista at my Starbucks.
She mentioned back in October that she would be interested in hiring me to make scrapbooks for her two kids.  I thought about it for a few weeks before I told her I would be interested.
We met up last week to discuss the details.
She wants a book for each child, nothing fancy, really a blend of an old school scrapbook with a bit of the flair newer generation scrapbooks have, without getting too artsy.
She wants it to span about 10 years of her kids' lives, a place to document their school years, which is what I started on today.  She wants it simple so she can just slap a few photos in whenever she has a moment, maybe write a note, include some of the kids' art work, ticket stubs to fun outings, etc.
I'm so excited to create something for her that she would otherwise never have.
Stay tuned for how the albums turn out!

1 comment:

  1. FANTASTIC!!! I LOVE these types of projects. I can't wait to see how it turns out!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...